To enable your Docking Station for the data service:
1. Connect the docking station to your PC using the USB cable.
2. Initially you will need to install a standard USB Modem Driver to work with the Docking station. To do this, on your PC go to Control Panel > Phone and Modem options and select the Modem tab. Select Add > make sure you tick Don’t detect modem I will select from list then NEXT >. Select the Standard Modem type and 2400bps Modem. Click on NEXT > It will prompt you know to select the Comport that it is attached to.
3. Highlight the modem driver you have just created and click on PROPERTIES > ADVANCED. In the Extra initialization command key in the following: &FE0&D2 OK>
4. Place your phone into the Docking Station ensuring it has signal when inserted and ready for service.
5. Identify the modem COM port to which your dock is connected for the data service. The COM port number will be needed when you are using your data application. To do this, on your PC go to Control Panel > Phone and Modem options and select the Modem tab. You will see Standard 2400bps Modem and the COM port eg. COM6. Or, go to Control Panel > System and select the Hardware tab. Click on Device Manager and scroll down to Modems. If your USB drivers are installed you will see Standard 2400 bps Modem. Right click on Standard 2400 bps Modem and select Properties. You will see the Com port eg. COM6.
6. If you have not already done so, install your chosen data application and follow the onscreen instructions.