Iridium IMF 1000- Poor signal strength
This artical describes the problem when getting poor signal strengh using a Iridium IMF 1000
Poor Signal Strength (less than “four bars”)
· Loose cable/antenna connections. Corrosion/water damage to cable/antenna connections.
· Too much loss in antenna cable
Troubleshooting and Resolution
· Check integrity of cable/antenna connections
· Check for obstructions between the Iridium antenna and the sky.
· Maximum allowed cable loss is 3dB @ 1621MHz. Check cable type & length.